Monday, January 16, 2017

Happy Birthday Lewis!

Missing You Lewis! 


First Birthday with you away at College. :( It feels so strange that you are so far away and your birthday came and went and you were not home. It's an adjustment. I'm so very thankful that for 18 years -- we celebrated YOU! We had special birthday breakfasts and dinners and balloons and decorations. We planned special gifts and talked about the year ahead.  And now... as you turn 19 -- we texted, we called, we sent cards in the mail. It's definitely not the same. 

But instead of being sad.. I'm celebrating the change! The change is also that you are right where you are supposed to be. You are in Nebraska. You are loving your new college life. You are making new friends and exploring new interests. You are continuing to grow ... every day! Praise God for making a way! He is so good and faithful. I'm thankful that you are growing in trusting Jesus and letting Him guide you. I'm praying that He will continue to put friends and teachers in your path that will encourage you and help you to become the young man that God has designed you to be!! So with all my heart -- I wish you a Happy Birthday!!! I miss you every day... but I'm at peace knowing how happy you are and how blessed we are to see your story unfolding!! Mom




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment