Thursday, September 29, 2016

Give them roots and let them spread their wings!


I just boarded a plane headed to Omaha, Nebraska. How did this happen... I was raised in Lafayette, Louisiana... I've never even been to Nebraska and now we're sending out sweet son for 4 years of college in this cold Midwestern state. Evidence that God is in control and the plans for his life are bigger and better than anything I could orchestrate. 

Lewis is ready. He's packed. We got the car ready and ran him through a car wash of dr spot (dentist, allergy dr, pediatrician), one last tutoring session and voice lesson. New shoes. New clothes. Haircut. New computer. Many trips to Target and Bed Bath and Beyond for bedding and towels and organizers. Surely we've gotten everything a tiny little dorm room can hold. 

But more than all of the packing and planning... He's ready! Ready to spread his wings. Ready to meet new people, and live on his own and start a whole new adventure. 

He's got a strong foundation- he's trustworthy and responsible and wise with his decisions. He's polite and thoughtful and mature. 

He's overcome many difficult times in his short life-and grown through it all (Praise God for trials that build character and help him to see where his gifts are... ). He's excited about what lies ahead and he's so ready to get started. 


I've been kicking and screaming to hold on.. But I'm so happy for him that I can't help but celebrate sending him off! I always say- these are the days we'll remember all our lives and I know I will always remember this day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment