Saturday, February 5, 2011

Memory Making Madness

Saturday, January 29, 2011

About 3 years ago, my dear friend Sally introduced me to the world of Scrapbooking! She invited me to a weekend Crop. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I signed up. Scrapbooking is serious business. I was immediately hooked in by the endless choices of patterned papers and stickers and embelishments... but more than anything - I was drawn to the idea of "capturing memories". The women I've met in the "scrapping world" are devoted to their families.. to building something of value - day by day. I've been at it now for 3 years and honestly - it's a slow process when you first get started and expensive!! and for me- I am truly addicted to the beautiful papers and tools and accessories. In the beginning, I spent several weekends just getting my backlog years of digital and non-digital photos organized. But, now I am finally caught up and I have begun the process of building 2 books - one for Christopher and one for Catherine. My favorite part of the process is the journaling. With every page layout - you can add you own memory of that picture. I started Catherine's book with her first "school days" - PreK 3 at age 3 & 4. Just sifting through the photos and coordinating each page is such a joyful experience because you re-live each memory everytime you see the photos.
So today, I went to a Quarterly -ALL Day Crop at our church called Memory Making Madness. I got there at 8am, along with about 100 other women, with totes and scrapbooking equiptment and laptops and all of my scrapping materials and picked a spot to work. I worked on my books until 8 pm and loved every minute of it. It's a day filled with fun as you sit with friends sharing ideas about pics, sharing stories about your family and knowing that what you are putting together will be cherished by your family for years to come.
Thanks for getting me hooked in Sally! I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment