Sunday, January 30, 2011

A simple life- my kid's point of view

Tonight reminded me of how wonderfully simple kids can see the world and oh how I wish I could be reminded of that when life gets overwhelmingly complex and busy! It was an overcast day and after church Catherine was already making plans for a cozy afternoon at home. She had it all planned out - comfy clothes (pj's and robes and slippers), converting the couch with pillows and blankets, lots of snacks - popcorn and pretzels and fruit and settling in to watch our American Idol recordings to "vote" on the contestants. One of the singers had a very moving story that brought us all to tears. We were curled up on the couch, with tears in our eyes and I was loving every minute of it. Then tonight at bedtime, I got Christopher all settled in his bed. He fed his new pet frogs and we had a very engaging conversation about how he wanted to ask God after he went to heaven if he could come back as a frog and if he couldn't be a frog, he wanted to be an eagle or an owl .. an owl because they make that cute little "whoo" sound and can turn their whole head around! We sat there for a long time discussing this when he said- Mommy, I like it when you sit here with me and talk with me and I agreed that I liked it too!

My kids are so good at reminding me to slow down and enjoy the here and now! I can't always have cozy couch days .. but I sure will enjoy them every chance I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment