Thursday, June 2, 2016

Friends for Life

I knew that Christopher's Graduation would be tough for me. I knew I would be emotional and reflective and holding on tight. I planned and organized the party. I ordered invitations and food and decorated the house. I stayed up late nights looking through baby pictures and wondering where all the time went. One thing I didn't take time to think about was how Catherine would be dealing with her big brother leaving.

These two have had a special relationship from the beginning. They love each other so much. Because we lived away from family and moved ALOT when they were little, they formed a special bond. Christopher was so imaginative as a child. Legos became spaceships and animals and superheros and Catherine was mesmerized watching her brother build and bring these toys to life. Later as they grew side by side, Catherine developed a deep spirit of looking out for Chris. She always had a concern for how he was feeling and never wanted him to be unhappy or hurt in any way.

As we were down to the last few planning steps for Christopher's party, Catherine told me she wanted to make a video for him and already knew exactly the song she wanted on it. This video touched Christopher so much. He's asked me to give him a copy to bring to college and the picture of he and his "little" sis is one of the few framed pictures he will have with him at the dorm










No comments:

Post a Comment